Monday is a workforce management software that helps you streamline your workflows and improve efficiency within your business.
This project management tool can be used by teams of all sizes and across various industries that are looking to increase their collaboration and communication efforts.
In this article, I will be giving you an in-depth look at the features and see if it is the best workforce management tool for you.
Let’s get started!
What Is Monday.com?
Monday.com is a cloud-based platform that manages anything from planning your workforce to payroll solutions. This software is the ultimate management tool.
This includes a visual and user-friendly interface that makes it easy to organize and track projects, deadlines, communicate, and share progress updates with your team all in one place.
It is highly customizable and integrates well with other tools, making it an ideal choice for any team looking to streamline their processes and achieve their goals.
Here are some features how Monday can help improve your team management:
- Customizable Boards
- Seamless Task Management and Collaboration
- Automation Features
Monday provides you with an easy-to-use interface that allows you to customize your board with columns, groups, and views. This allows teams to track projects and tasks in a visually pleasing way.
Here are some ways you can customize your board:
- Color Your Groups – You can color code your individual groups rather than having them all in one dull color. You and your team can be more organized and efficient in locating specific tasks and groups.
- Color Your Work Status – Coloring your work status is crucial for work efficiency. Being able to identify the progress and status of a task with colors can reduce the time spend trying to figure out what your team needs to do.
- Resize and Reorganize Anything – Every individual member prioritizes their task differently, some may be more important than others. So having the flexibility to resize and reorganize any part of your board is important, and Monday offers that.
- Data Summary – Working with multiple dates and numbers can quickly create a “messy” workspace. Therefore, Monday allows a clear summary of data when a column or group is collapsed.
Seamless Task Management and Collaboration
Leaving an employee to fend for their own is never a good idea.
Monday is one of the best options for managing and assigning tasks within a project management framework. With the digital tools provided, you can rest assured that your entire team can collaborate no matter where they are.
The platform allows you to easily invite your team with just a click of a button and gives you the option to choose the level of access for each team member. Assigned admins can increase security in groups and boards by only allowing admins to invite new users or add an ‘authorized domain’ so that only users with a certain email address can join.
After getting your team onboard, you can start assigning tasks to people, and a notification will be sent to the selected members so they always stay up to date with their responsibilities.
Members can communicate and collaborate with each other by sending text or picture messages to an individual or multiple people at once, and provide real-time updates and notifications all within the platform itself.
Monday offers the ability to automate repetitive tasks and processes to save time and reduce the risk of human error.
The platform’s automation features work when users set up ‘triggers’ and ‘actions’. For example, a team leader can set up an automation that sends a notification to members when a task is completed or remind team members of upcoming deadlines when a certain date or time has passed.
Leveraging Monday.com’s automation features, your teams can improve their workflows, reduce manual work, and increase efficiency. It allows them to focus on more important tasks and achieve their goals faster.
Most companies are working on multiple platforms and it can be overwhelming to many.
Monday offers integration solutions to help turn your account into a work hub. It allows integrations with other tools such as Slack, Google Drive, and Trello so you and your team can collaborate and streamline workflows across different platforms seamlessly.
Users can simply add an integration from the list of 50 platforms provided and connect with it.
If you are not improving, you are falling behind. Monday ensure that does not happen to your company. It provides users with detailed and valuable insights into their workflows, so businesses can identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions to boost their efficiency.
Monday measures everything from KPIs to the performance of each member and produces an accurate report.
Using tools such as formulas, advanced filters, chart views, and much more, you can acquire the information you need faster in your reports.
For example, you can use formulas and filters to immediately see if you are over budget or under budget or you can search for all tasks assigned to you in all boards with the ‘search everything’ tool.
Reports can also be shared to promote transparency and help keep everyone aligned on the same goals.
Other Key Features
- Time tracking: Monday.com allows teams to track and provide insights into where time is being spent on tasks and projects
- Guest Accessibility: Users can invite guests or clients to view and collaborate with a project.
- Calendar View: Monday provides users with a calendar view feature to see all tasks and deadlines in a single place.
- Dependencies: Allows teams to visualize and identify tasks that depend on each other.
- Work Privacy: Monday lets you create private boards and documents to ensure maximum security.
- Kanban: Allows you to prioritize tasks and balance demands according to capacity.
- Mobile Application (iOS and Android): With a mobile app version, teams can now manage tasks and collaborate on the go.
Monday.com offers five pricing plans to start:
- Individual Plan for Free
- Basic Plan at $8 per-seat per-month basis
- Standard Plan at $10 per-seat per-month basis (This is the best deal in my opinion)
- Pro Plan for $16 per-seat per-month basis
- Enterprise Plan requires you to contact for a custom quote
The above total prices billed annually per month is the quote for 3 users per account. You can change your team size at the top left tab to find the accurate pricing for your company.
In conclusion, Monday is a powerful workforce management software that can help you save time and money while increasing efficiency in your business.
If you have yet to get a project management tool or are thinking of getting one, Monday.com is definitely worth to get.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links where I may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you decide to purchase a paid plan.